- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and quartered
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter melted
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 slices bacon chopped up
- 6 crimini mushrooms chopped
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy fluid cream
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix the Brussels, butter, and salt & pepper in a bowl. Layer a baking sheet with tin foil and then spread out the Brussels evenly on it. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet or wok, cut the bacon into pieces and cook until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the mushrooms and shallots. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes until the shallots are translucent, stirring occasionally. Throw in the garlic and stir, about 1 minute.
- Add the cream and cooking sherry to the skillet, mixing thoroughly. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced by half. Constantly stir.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, stir in the Brussels to evenly coat them in the sauce.