Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad2016-04-06
This recipe calls for a small amount of sugar. Depending on your daily limit, you might be okay with the added sugar. If not, just leave it out.
Course: Main Course
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken thigh fillets skin removed (no bone)
- 5 cups Romaine (Cos) lettuce leaves washed and dried
- 1 red pepper (capsicum) deseeded and sliced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 green onion (shallot) peeled and thinly sliced
- Extra coriander leaves to garnish
- Red chili flakes to garnish
- Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine. Pour a third of the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for at least 15 minutes (ideally one to two hours if you have the time). Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
- Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches of two to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and grill or fry peppers and until cooked to your liking.
- While peppers are cooking, prepare the salsa. Combine the avocado and green onion in a bowl. Add in two tablespoons of the reserved marinade dressing to the salsa. Set aside.
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, sliced peppers and salsa. Top with the chicken strips. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve with (optional) extra coriander leaves and red chill flakes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe