Asparagus, Canadian Bacon, and Cheese Frittata2011-11-23
Asparagus, Canadian Bacon, and Cheese Frittata: Low Carb
Make for dinner and have leftovers for breakfast!
Total Time: Serves: 2
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces medium asparagus stalks (about 8) woody stems trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 medium slices Canadian bacon (about 2 ounces) coarsely chopped
- Position an oven rack in the upper part of the oven and preheat the broiler. Whisk the eggs, 3 tablespoons of the cheese, the milk, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to taste together in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and Canadian bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly. Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes. Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the broiler until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute. Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding. Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Copyright © 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved
Amount Per Serving
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe