Bacon Guacomole Chicken Bombs2016-03-13
- * 2 ripe avocados
- * ½ white onion finely chopped
- * ½ tomato chopped
- * 2 Tbsp. cilantro chopped
- * ½ Tbsp. kosher salt
- * 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- * 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- * Kosher salt
- * Freshly ground black pepper
- * 8 bacon strips
- * 1 Tbsp. avocado oil or peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a knife, cut around the pit of the avocado, separating the halves from each other. Remove the pit and use a spoon to scoop out the avocado. In a large bowl, combine the avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Mash and stir with a fork until there are no large chunks of avocado left.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper on all sides. Slice chicken breasts in half crosswise. Cut a slit into the center of each half to make a pocket. Take a heaping spoonful of the guacamole and pack it into the pocket. Pinch the edges of the chicken closed.
- Wrap the chicken with two strips of bacon, making sure the ends of the bacon all end up on the same side of the chicken.
- Heat oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the bacon-wrapped chicken for two to three minutes on each side. Remember to cook the sides of the chicken as well. Bake for 10 minutes. Serve!
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe