Bacon-Wrapped Cod with Frisee2016-02-04
Bacon and Cod? Why not! Bacon makes everything better. Easy dish that looks elegant.
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 skinless, boneless cod fillet (1 1/4 pounds and 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 strips bacon (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 pink grapefruit peel cut off, flesh cut into segments, juice squeezed from membranes
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large head frisee or red leaf lettuce cut into 1-inch pieces
- ut fish into 4 pieces and season with salt and pepper. On a work surface, arrange 3 slices bacon so they overlap slightly. Place a piece of fish at one short end and tightly wrap with bacon, cutting off any excess bacon. Repeat with remaining fish and bacon.
- Whisk together mustard, honey, vinegar, and cup grapefruit juice; season with salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high. Place fish, seam side down, in pan and cook until bacon is deep golden brown on all sides, about 9 minutes, turning occasionally. Toss frisee with dressing and grapefruit and serve with fish.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe