Bacon Wrapped Meatballs over Butternut Squash Puree2016-02-08
A hearty winter supper that is fairly easy and has bacon!
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons fat of choice (bacon fat coconut oil, ghee, butter, etc.)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1⁄2 yellow onion minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 pieces bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skin off the butternut squash then dice the butternut squash into bit size pieces.
- Place butternut squash on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Pour choice of fat on top of butternut squash, sprinkle with garlic and onion powder and salt, mix well to coat the squash.
- In a bowl, mix together ground pork, onion, garlic cloves, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Make 10 equal sized meatballs.
- Cut all pieces of bacon in half. Wrap a half piece of bacon around the meatball, then the other piece in the opposite direction. Tuck the ends of the bacon underneath the meatball then place it cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place both baking sheets in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until butternut squash is soft and meatballs are firm.
- Serve meatballs on top of the squash and sprinkle with Parmesan or other cheese of your choice.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe