Bistro Salad with Roasted Vegetables2016-03-05
- 2 very large carrots cut into 1” chunks
- 3 large parsnips cut into 1” chunks
- 1⁄2 large celery root (celeriac) peeled, cut into 1” chunks
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove grated
- Small pinch smoked paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 pounds frisée and/or arugula cut or torn into bite-size pieces, washed
- 4 tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almonds coarsely chopped
- Flaky sea salt (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss carrots, parsnips, and celery root with oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, rotating pans halfway through, until vegetables are golden and tender, 25–30 minutes.
- Place grated garlic and smoked paprika in a large bowl. Add roasted vegetables and toss to combine. Reserve ½ cup roasted vegetables for tomorrow’s lunch.
- Meanwhile, bring 2” water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat so water is at a gentle simmer. Crack an egg into a small bowl, then gently slide egg into water. Repeat with remaining eggs, waiting until white of egg in water is opaque before adding the next egg (about 30 seconds apart). Poach until whites are set but yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels as they are done.
- Toss frisée and/or arugula and roasted vegetables with dressing and season with sea salt and pepper. Divide salad among plates and top each with a poached egg. Sprinkle with chopped almonds and garnish egg with a pinch of flaky sea salt and a turn of black pepper.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe