Braised Cod with green olives and grape tomatoes2014-09-21
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 Mezzetta castelvetrano whole green olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cod fillets
- 2 tablespoons fresh or freeze dried basil
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add olive oil and butter.
- Prepare the cod fillets by rinsing and drying off with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the fillets.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet and saute until fragrant. Place the cod fillets in skillet and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the basil between the two fillets.
- Spread the olives and tomatoes around the fillets.
- After about five minutes flip the fillets and sprinkle the remaining basil on top of each fillet.
- Cover the skillet for about five more minutes. Fish is ready when it is easily flaked with a fork.
- Serve with steamed broccoli.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe