Carmelized Onion and Ham Vegetable Cheese Bake2013-12-17
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower – Cleaned and Trimmed in florets
- 1 head broccoli – clean and trimmed in florets
- 1 Medium Onion – sliced very thin
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 3 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large, covered pot, with 1 inch of water, steam cauliflower and broccoli on high until tender. About 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain water and allow vegetables to remain in the hot pot to draw out excess moisture.
- Place vegetables in a large casserole dish.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons butter. Once butter is melted, add onions to the pan and sauté until they have a nice caramel color. This can take awhile. Turn often to prevent burning.
- While onions are carmelizing, add remaining butter and garlic in a large pan and sauté until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until Parmesan is melted and the sauce begins to come to a boil. Mix in cheddar cheese, cream cheese and black pepper. Stir until cheeses are melted and well incorporated into the sauce. Reduce heat to low and allow the sauce to thicken as it simmers. About 5 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce evenly over top of the cauliflower. Layer caramelized onions on top of sauce. Lastly, layer ham on top of onions. Sprinkle with any leftover cheese you may have. Bake for 15 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe