Cheddar Black Pepper Biscuits2014-10-06
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons “cold” butter diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking pan or line with non-stick foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add almond flour, butter, egg, 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, salt, black pepper, and baking powder. Cut in with a pastry cutter/dough blender until crumbly and all flour is slightly moistened and cheese is pulverized into the mixture.
- Stir in cream and remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese; mix in lightly until dough forms. Use a 3-tablespoon retractable scoop to make 12 even sized biscuits or divide and roll dough into 10 to 12 balls and place on prepared baking pan. Do not flatten dough balls (this will result in a thicker biscuit).
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown; careful not to overcook. Remove from oven; brush tops with melted butter, if desired. Cool about 5 minutes or so (they are fragile when hot out of the oven).
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe