Cherry Jalapeno Sauce2012-06-02
I didn’t blend the sauce. I served it chunky and it was wonderful!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper Coarsely Chopped
- 1 large jalapeno Seeded and Coarsely Chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 ounced dark sweet cherries frozen
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper and jalapeno. Saute 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper and cumin.
- Cook and stir 30 seconds. Stir in the cherries, red wine, vinegar and sugar. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Carefully transfer mixture to food processor and blend until very smooth. Strain sauce through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl, pressing to extract all of the juice. Discard contents of sieve. Pour cherry sauce into an airtight container and cool completely. Store in the refrigerator.
- Warm before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe