Chicken Gyro Salad with Tzatziki Dressing2016-04-06
A great way to have gyros without bread.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 teaspoons mediterranean seasoning (may sub Italian in a pinch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large cucumber peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup plain fat free greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt + ¼ teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup mayo (optional – see note)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Season chicken with Mediterranean seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium heat in a large skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Distribute lettuce, chicken, peppers, onions and feta cheese between 4 bowls. Serve with tzatziki dressing.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe