Chicken In Mustard Sauce2016-03-05
Course: Main Course
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 8 5-ounce chicken breasts skinless and boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle the meat with the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it is hot, brown the chicken for one-and-a-half minutes on each side.
- Mix in the onion and continue cooking for one minute.
- Lower the heat, cover the skillet and boil gently for five minutes.
- Remove the meat to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook the sauce to reduce it to about one-and-a-half cups. Mix the dry mustard with the Dijon mustard and stir until smooth. Stir the mustard mixture into the sauce and heat, but do not allow the sauce to boil after the mustard has been added.
- Place the chicken pieces in the sauce and warm over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes to develop the flavor.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe