Chilled Cucumber Noodles with Sesame Dressing2016-06-04
- 2 large cucumbers (about 1 pound) peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more as needed
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- Fit a colander or fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl. Using a spiralizer with the thinnest “noodle” attachment, spiralize the cucumber into long, thin strands. Place in the colander, sprinkle with the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and toss to combine. Let the noodles stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar and sesame oil in a large mixing bowl.
- When the noodles are ready, add them to the dressing and gently toss to coat. Taste and season with more salt as needed. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if using and serve immediately.
- Recipe Notes
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator, preferably without the sesame seeds. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds just before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe