Curry Carrot Coconut Soup with Coriander Yogurt2012-03-29
This soup is warm, spicy and delicious. I couldn’t stop eating it. For the yogurt, use a full fat Greek yogurt. I found a brand, Greek Gods, that is the best I have ever tasted.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder or to taste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder or to taste (I use half a cup!)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 cups chicken broth reduced sodium
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt plain full fat
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Saute onion and garlic until soft and fragrant.
- Add curry powder, ginger powder, cayenne and salt, stirring often, about two minutes.
- Add carrots and broth and simmer covered until carrots are soft.
- Puree soup in blender until very smooth. Blend in batches if necessary.
- Pour soup back into saucepan.
- Add coconut milk. Stir to blend and heat on low.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with coriander.
- When soup is hot and well blended, ladle into bowls and dollop with yogurt.
Amount Per Serving
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe