Easter Quiche (Ham, Asparagus, Swiss Cheese)2015-05-04
Course: Main Course
- 1 lb. fresh thin asparagus
- 6 ounces of ham, diced
- 4 large eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Crust:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a pie dish and set aside.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and form dough into a ball with your hands. Place dough in the center of pie pan and gently even out the dough starting in the middle and forming a side crust in the pan. Bake for about 20 minutes. Don’t let it over bake as it will cook more with the egg mixture. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While the crust is baking, rinse the asparagus and cut to about 5″ stalks. Microwave in water for 5 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water. Set on paper towels to cool and dry.
- Sprinkle half the cheese on the crust and half the diced ham. Arrange the asparagus on the crust, with the cut ends towards the center. Then whisk together the eggs, yolks, cream, and salt. Mix in the lemon juice and zest. Pour slowly and evenly over the asparagus tart. Sprinkle with remainder of cheese and ham. Bake for about 30 minutes. To test if the eggs are firm, give the pie pan a little shake. The eggs should not move.
- Let the quiche rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into it.
- Serve warm with a salad.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe