Fried Zucchini Chips2013-07-30
Course: Side Dishes
- 2 medium-sized zucchini finely sliced on a mandolin or with a knife
- * 1 Tbs. coarse salt (plus more for sprinkling at the end)
- * 1/2 cup milk (or more if needed)
- * 1 cup all-purpose flour
- * 1 tsp onion powder
- * 1 tsp garlic salt
- * 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- deep skillet * enough canola oil to cover 2 inches of
- * 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkle the salt over the sliced zucchini and let them rest in a colander for about 15 minutes. This will remove some of the moisture from the zucchini. Then arrange in a single layer on some paper towels and pat dry.
- Heat the oil until very hot.
- Pour the milk into a shallow dish. Combine the flour, onion powder, garlic salt and cayenne in another shallow dish, and whisk to blend.
- Dip a zucchini slice in the milk and then the flour mixture and place in the hot oil. Put enough slices to take up space in the oil but do not overcrowd. Let fry until the chips turn brown and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towels and keep warm in a 225 degree oven while you fry the rest.
- Serve chips with another good sprinkle of coarse salt and garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe