Jalapeno Bacon Cheddar Soup2016-02-09
This rich and satisfying soup eats like a meal! Craig at Ruled.Me has amazing low carb recipes. Thanks for the good work, Craig!
- 1⁄2 lb. Bacon (About 8 slices)
- 4 medium Jalapeno Peppers diced
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. Celery Seed
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cumin
- 3⁄4 cup Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Slice bacon into 1 inch slices and cook until crisp. Remove bacon from pan while reserving fat.
- Dice jalapenos (remove seeds if you do not like heat), and saute in bacon fat. Remove from pan while reserving fat.
- In a pot, add bacon fat, broth, butter and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, emulsify the broth to incorporate the fats into it. Once done, add cream and shredded cheese (I use my food processor for this).
- Stir together and season to taste. Add jalapeno and bacon into pot and let simmer for 5 minutes before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe