Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup2014-02-16
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 4 jalapeno peppers diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced or shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup aged cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook the bacon in a large sauce pan until crispy, set aside on paper towels to drain.
- In the bacon grease,add onion and jalapeno peppers and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth, bacon, chicken and beans and simmer for 15 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and stir it in until the cheeses melt.
- Serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe