Mushroom and Peppercorn Crusted Steak in a Creamy Brie Mushroom Sauce2016-02-10
This dish looks complicated but can be made in 30 minutes and looks like you spent all day!
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 8 ounces various mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or broth)
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 4 ounces brie
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan) grated
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste (optional gluten-free for gluten-free)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 ounce dried mushrooms coarsely chopped in food processor
- 1 teaspoon fresh crack peppercorns
- salt to taste
- 1 pound ribeye steak (or tenderloin or your favourite cut)
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms release their liquids and it’s absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth and cream, bring to a boil and simmer to thicken, about 2-4 minutes, before mixing in the cheese and miso and removing from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat, press the mixture of the dried mushrooms, peppercorns and salt into the steak(s), and cook in the pan to the desired level of doneness, about 2-4 minutes per side.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before optionally slicing and serve topped with the mushroom sauce.!
Amount Per Serving
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe