- Cuisine: Asian
Course: Main Course
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen OR thawed)
- 1⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons water broth, or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 3 teaspoons cornstartch
- Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker (see notes below for alternate cooking methods).
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together: marmalade, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, water, ginger and garlic. Pour mixture over chicken. Secure lid on pressure cooker and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes (15 minutes is the cooking time once under pressure.) When finished, release steam according to pressure cooker instructions and use an instant-read thermometer to make sure meat has reached 165 degrees. (If it has not reached temperature, simply return shredded chicken to sauce and simmer until cooked through.)
- Remove chicken breasts and place on a cutting board. Bring remaining sauce in pan up to a simmer (use the saute feature on an electric cooker). Combine cornstarch with 3 teaspoons cold water and then pour mixture into pan. Simmer until sauce is thickened and the turn off heat.
- Shred chicken and return to pot with sauce.
- Yields about 4 cups shredded chicken
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe