Pan Roasted Fish Fillets With Herb Butter2016-03-05
Course: Main Course
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 2 5- to 6-ounce fish fillets like cod, snapper, tilapia
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme tarragon, chives or another herb
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley optional
- Lemon wedges
- Pat fillets dry with a paper towel. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy 10-inch nonstick or cast-iron skillet over high heat. When the pan is hot, add the oil. Place the fillets in the pan.
- Lower heat to medium and let sizzle until fish is golden and caramelized around edges, about 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip fillets and add butter and thyme to pan. Tilt pan slightly to let the melted butter pool at one end. Use a spoon to baste the fish with the pooled butter. Continue basting until golden all over and cooked through, 45 to 90 seconds more, depending on the thickness of your fish. Serve immediately with chopped parsley (if using) and lemon wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Fat: 35 g
Cholesterol: 108 m
Sodium: 1023 m
Carbohydrate: 1 g
Fiber: 0 g
Protein: 31 g
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe