Parmesan Roasted Squash2014-12-05
- 1 acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded, and bottoms trimmed to lie flat if necessary
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 sprigs dried oregano or fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the squash cut side up on a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Divide the heavy cream and herbs among each one.
- Bake until squash is tender – test by piercing with the tip of a knife or a fork – about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until cheese is melted and lightly golden 10 – 15 minutes more.
- To serve drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe