Pepperoni and Sausage Lasagna2016-03-05
- Cuisine: Italian
- 12 ounces of sliced pepperoni
- 6 links of hot Italian sausage
- 2 jars Classico marinara sauce or any low carb sauce of your choice
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 large bag of spinach leaves (10+ ounces)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin or minced
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan
- 8 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in a large skillet with some olive oil.
- Line a large baking dish or lasagna pan with the pepperoni. Overlap the pepperoni slices to create a “crust”. You can also put the slices on the sides of the pan.
- In a large skillet, add the butter and garlic slices and turn on low heat. When the butter is all melted and the garlic is beginning to brown, add the spinach (in batches if necessary) and let the spinach cook until it is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese and egg.
- Spread some marinara sauce over the pepperoni slices.
- Spread the cheese mixture on top of the pepperoni slices.
- Place spinach leaves on top of the cheese mixture.
- Add more marinara on top.
- Sprinkle the browned sausage on top the to spinach and ladle the remaining marinara sauce to cover.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan and Mozzarella over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until the lasagna is bubbly and the cheese is lightly browned in spots.
- Let cool for five minutes or so before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe