Course: Side Dishes
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 20 min
- 1 small head green cabbage
- 1 small head red cabbage
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 tart apples like Granny Smith, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise preferably homemade or Hellmann’s
- 3 tablespoons juice from a pickle jar or of pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pepper sauce like Frank’s, or to taste
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Cut the cabbages in half and remove the core from each side. Cut each half in half and slice each resulting quarter into thin ribbons. Mix with carrots and apples in a large nonreactive bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss. Season to taste. The coleslaw may be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated. Toss again before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe