Pistachio Crusted Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce2015-01-04
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) fresh salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Lemon Cream Sauce recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- In a shallow dish, combine the pistachios, salt, and pepper. Dredge the salmon in the pistachio mixture, pressing gently to coat.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat. Add the salmon and cook until browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium; turn the salmon and cook until salmon flakes easily with fork, about 2 or 3 minutes more. Transfer the fillets to serving plates. Serve with Lemon Cream Sauce, and garnish with chopped pistachios, if desired.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in cream and simmer until thickened, whisking frequently, about 3 minutes. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, whisking to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking constantly. Pour into a serving dish and serve with the salmon.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe