Roast Chicken With Cumin, Honey and Orange2016-03-13
Course: Main Course
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3-pound chicken giblets and excess fat removed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a nonstick roasting pan, or line a roasting pan with a double layer of aluminum foil. Combine orange juice, honey, cumin, salt and pepper in bowl, and whisk until smooth. Place chicken in pan, and spoon all but 1/4 cup of liquid over all of it.
- Place chicken in oven, legs first, and roast for 10 minutes. Spoon accumulated juices back over chicken, reverse pan back to front, and return to oven. Repeat four times, basting every 10 minutes and switching pan position each time. If chicken browns too quickly, lower heat a bit. If juices dry up, use reserved liquid and 1 or 2 tablespoons of water or orange juice.
- After 50 minutes of roasting, insert an instant-read thermometer into a thigh; when it reads 155 to 165 degrees, remove chicken from oven, and baste one final time. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe