Roasted Eggplant Salad with Goat Cheese2013-09-22
I served this with roasted chicken thighs for a flavorful and refreshing supper.
- 2 medium sized eggplants diced
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 4 oz goat cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large lemon Juice from
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant with ½ tbsp olive oil, salt, and garlic. Place eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and sprayed with non-fat cooking spray, and then cook until tender and lightly brown, about 30-35 minutes. Let cool about 5-10 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, honey, paprika and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place cooled eggplant in a bowl, and add in tomatoes, garbanzo beans and parsley. Top with dressing and toss gently to coat. Gently stir in goat cheese and serve immediately at room temperature.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe