This meal was served with smoked potatoes which I eat once in awhile. The meal still had less than 20 carbs.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup kosher salt (such as Diamond Crystal)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) salmon fillet (about 1 inch thick)
- 4 cups hickory wood chips
- Cooking spray
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Fresh dill sprigs (optional)
- Combine water, salt, sugar, dill, and soy sauce in a large bowl, stirring until salt and sugar dissolve. Pour salt mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add ice and salmon; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Soak the wood chips in water for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Prepare the grill for indirect grilling, heating one side to medium and leaving one side with no heat.
- Place half of wood chips on hot coals. Remove salmon from bag; discard brine. Pat salmon dry with paper towels. Place salmon on grill rack coated with cooking spray over unheated side. Close lid; grill 10 minutes. Place remaining wood chips on hot coals; close lid, and grill 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with black pepper and garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
- Serve with Grill Zucchini and Leeks with Walnuts and Herbs
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe