SPINACH ARTICHOKE SPAGHETTI SQUASH2016-03-14
This is a rich side dish that can replace pasta!
Course: Side Dishes
- 1 spaghetti squash seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces (a little less than ½ a typical package) cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 3 cups packed baby spinach
- 1- 1⁄2 cups canned artichoke hearts chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius).
- Place the spaghetti squash cut-side-up on a sheet pan. Brush with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until soft.
- Remove the squash from the oven and let cool, then scrape up the strings of the squash with a fork.
- While the squash bakes, heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Season the onion with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Add the sour cream, cream cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese to the garlic-and-onion mix. Stir and mix until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts to the sauté mix and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Spoon half of the spinach mixture onto each spaghetti squash half. Gently pull up the spaghetti squash strings to mix with the sauce.
- Top each half with the shredded mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese has melted and browned slightly.
- Garnish with the chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe