Steak and Avocado Salad2016-05-03
Course: Main Course
- 1 -pound steak we used ribeye
- 4 radishes thinly sliced and placed into ice water
- 8 spring onions or green onions
- 4 cups Spring mix salad greens
- 1 ripe avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Jalapeno Peppers Tamed or Hot, reserve some brine
- 1⁄2 cup pepitas
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Oil for frying
- Salad dressing:
- 1 cup Mezzetta Whole Roasted Red Peppers
- 1⁄4 cup Mezzetta California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Mezzetta Jalapeno Pepper brine
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat grill on high heat.
- In a blender, add the roasted red peppers, olive oil, garlic, and paprika. Blend thoroughly and slowly drizzle in a few tablespoons of jalapeno brine until the desired consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add a thin layer of oil to the bottom and heat over medium high heat. Once hot, add the pepitas and stir often, until nice and golden, about 3 minutes, remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt and chili powder and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Pat the steak dry with paper towels and season liberally with salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Grill each side of the steak for about 5 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness. Remove steak and let rest for 7 minutes before thinly slicing. While steak grills, drizzle spring onions with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill for about 4 minutes, turning frequently.
- Plate the salad- divide the salad greens onto 2 plates, add sliced steak and avocado, grilled onions, radishes, pepitas and sliced jalapeno peppers. Drizzle with salad dressing and serve.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe