Tri-Tip Steak Salad2016-04-06
- Course: Main Course
Course: Main Course
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 pound tri-tip steak
- Freshly cracked pepper and seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 6-8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 4-5 green onions chopped (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sliced and toasted almonds
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese
- LEMON-CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE:
- 1⁄3 cup avocado oil
- 1 large lemon (3 tablespoons lemon juice 2 teaspoons zest)
- 1 large lime (2 and 1/2 tablespoons lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Rub and knead cracked pepper and seasoned salt into the steak or chicken.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, olive oil, minced garlic, and onion powder.
- Place the steak in a plastic sealable bag and pour the marinade over. Rub the marinade through the bag into the meat.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours (the longer you marinate, the better the meat tastes (and the moister tri-tip steak will be)! I like to do it for 6-8 hours). Flip the marinating meat on the other side halfway through the marinading period.
- Grill or cook the steak on a grill or over the stovetop. I use this chart to judge exactly how long to grill the steak for according to our desired doneness: http://www.bhg.com/recipes/beef/steak/how-to-cook-tri-tip-steak/
- Wash and thoroughly dry the lettuce. Chop all the lettuce into smaller pieces. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Chop the red bell pepper. Chop the green onions.
- When ready to serve, toss the lettuce and tomatoes with the Lemon-Cilantro dressing. Stir in the dried cherries, sliced and toasted almonds, chopped green onions, and feta cheese. All ingredients best combined right before eating.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe